Friday, August 31, 2007

past three weeks

Well, the biggest thing that has been done over the past three weeks, is the plum tree in the back yard getting taken down. Granted, I didn't take it down since it was under power lines and the electric company sent out a crew to cut it down after we waited almost 6 weeks. You can see the pictures on Aimee's blog.

Other small things that have been done are:

  1. Trimmed the evergreen shrub outside the front door
    which let more light into Aimee's studio.

  2. Got another dose of fertilizer on the lawn
    to kill the mass of little moth-type insects that were coming in the windows at night.
  3. Cleaned the pond last weekend
    and Aimee trimmed the pond plant to manageable size, to the fish's dissatisfaction. They now spend most time together under the little bit of plant still there. I guess it has at least brought them closer together. :)

  4. Got the center speaker inside the middle section of the entertainment center
    this required me to unscrew the stand the TV sits on, put the speaker in and the screw it back down.

  5. Moved the sprinkler controller over to by the inside door and re-routed the sprinkler wire so it was not hanging across the garage doors
    I didn't have enough cable to run it along the ceiling when I first installed the controller (and I had clotheslined myself a couple times bringing things into the garage). But, I will go more into the effort involved in this one in a later post.
  6. Finished varnishing the inside the garage cabinets and got the first coat of grey paint on the outside of the cabinets
    still have to put second coat of grey on cabinets and sand and put final blue coat on doors.
  7. Assembled the kit trailer I bought before I went on vacation.
    still working on getting the lights wired and found out I have to license it for the same price it costs to license a car.

  8. moved the office into the bigger bedroom.
    this was done over two weekends and is still not completely finished. Parts of it were sped up by the 2 day visit of my mother-in-law which required us to clear the guest bed off so she could use it, and hastened the moving of part of the shelving from the other room to hold said clutter from guest bed.
    Existing Office:


    Old Office After:

    New Office:
    LOTS OF SPACE!!!!!
  9. Fixed the shower in the master bathroom
    which had an extra spray direction out the back of the shower head which would hit the wall and was also hastened by mother-in-law visit so we wouldn't have to share the main bathroom with her.
The main big projects I want to get finished soon, and may get tackled this Labor Day Weekend are:
  1. Finish cleaning up plumb tree mess in yard.
  2. Fluorescent light installed in Aimee's studio.
  3. Trailer wired and ready to accept license before use.
  4. Paint French Door I had installed last winter before it becomes a problem.
  5. Plant new tree in back yard, after Aimee picks it out.

2 comments:

Aimee B. said...

Oh boy, a new light for my studio! And we already have a beautiful light in the new office.

John B said...

For those that may read the past blog posts, I didn't end up needing to license the trailer since it is under 2000 pounds total hauling weight. Nice.