Saturday morning, I picked up the garage again and made sure all the painting stuff was put away and found that I have a lot of scrap wood, part sheets of plywood, etc from past projects that was just stacked in inconvenient places. So I started looking through web sites looking for an idea for a lumber cart that I had seen within the last couple months and found it on Popular Handymanclub.com website: http://www.handymanclub.com/Projects/Project.aspx?id=21069
Aimee got home from out-of-town around 12:30 and took about an hour before we were ready to go to my company picnic at a big park downtown. It is only about a 20-30 minute bike ride and the weather was really nice, so we biked down there. We ate BBQ chicken, shredded BBQ pork on really soft and fluffy rolls that were really, really good, then settled in to people watch and walk around the carnival type booths they had set up.
I was really surprised that I didn't really recognize anyone there, and didn't talk with anyone. No one from my group at work was there and I guess I just don't interact with many other people at work cuz I didn't even really recognize people who I may have just seen walking around or in the cafe, etc. That was really weird. We only stayed about an hour before heading home.
We got home and I went to Home Depot to pick up the wood for the lumber cart and the benchtop for my cabinets. I borrowed the neighbors truck to haul it all home... a 2 and a half hour trip in all. We got it all unloaded and again I realized I needed to get that lumber cart built so that I wouldn't have to be tripping over wood while trying to do stuff.
Something to start tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment