
This has been a problem since I first started working with wood in High School and has been a point of agitation since any wood that got stored in my parent's garage would end up bowing and curving really bad as there was not any good place to store it flat while it dried.
The solution came to me as I remembered an article I had just seen on the Woodworking blog about a project in which the guy had used a set of I-beams he had made from plywood. I realized I could use those to set across my set of folding workbenches and would make a flat platform for me to stack the lumber while it dried. I ended up needing to use one of the sheets of plywood I bought for the lumber cart to cut the strips needed to make the i-beams, but I can always go get another sheet.
No comments:
Post a Comment