Monday, August 06, 2007

PTO - Day 5

I stayed up way to late last night; almost 3am again. I can't do that more than a couple nights or I sleep in until 11am like I did this morning. I hate sleeping in like that since I feel I am loosing half a day, but it is good I am on PTO since it doesn't matter. I just could not pull myself out of bed whatever I tried... 7am, "I should get up with Aimee... oh, she is already up, when did she get out of bed?"... 9am, "I should get up", then fell asleep mid thought; 10am, "I really should get...", next thing I knew it was 11:30 and I actually got up.

It took a little bit to get going today, and then I screwed up one of the grooves for the i-beam and had to wait for Aimee to get home tonight to get help ripping another piece of plywood. Once I got that piece cut I put it all together and got the i-beams on the saw horse workbenches and the lumber stacked on it with stickers in between. It should dry nice and straight now. Hopefully the couple days on the floor didn't hurt it too much.


You can see the i-beams I made at the bottom of the stack, with a piece of 1/2 inch plywood on it to just keep it together. I ended up putting stickers on top of the plywood to allow for air to get to them and probably should have used a smaller sticker than I did, but they should work fine. I put the rest of the plywood and a sheet of particle board on top to add some weight to keep them straight as they dried and it also keeps the sheets off the floor; out of the way. I now have half the garage to work in.

Now I have room to start on the lumber cart so when this is all nice and dry, I will have a place to stack it out of the way. And now I am going to bed so I don't end up sleeping away tomorrow. Aimee has the day off also, so we need to get up and get some stuff done.

No comments: