Well, I have had 4 companies come bid on the drywall installation for the Master bedroom and bath. 2 bids have been returned so far and when I get the other 2, I have a decision to make. I really liked the first guy that came. Brian was very receptive to my observations about the work and answered my questions well, was friendly without being too chummy, and gave me options for a couple ways to tackle the sidewall gap left by the second sheet of drywall on the previous ceiling.
The guys that came today were very different. The first guy was very reserved and gave the bid on the spot. He and the second guy both mentioned how slow work is now for construction and that they were sitting around because there wasn't any work out there to do. I thought that was kinda unprofessional and wouldn't be something I would say to a client if I were them. The second guy today was 62, has been doing drywall in town since he was 18. He was on the other end of the spectrum from the first guy today and was telling me all about his experience and how rough the business was right now with no work. It was interesting, as I usually find old time experiences of interest, but I am always leery of having someone like that do work as it seems like it may end up with more jabber jawing than work, making the work take that much longer. I would just need to stay out of the way while he worked and not get in a position where we would get to talking.
Anywho... the last guy comes in about an hour and is probably the only full construction company I am having bid on the work. I am curious how it will compare to those that do only drywall.
3 comments:
Negative gut feelings are important. Honor them. It is your whole being reacting to something that is telling you to be wary.
I'm dangling here. What did the last guy say?
Sorry Mom, I won't know until Tuesday what the last guys bid is, so it is all a waiting time now. He was nice and they seemed the busiest out of the whole group, so it will be interesting how his bid compares.
Post a Comment