I really love the plumbing job that I had done this week. I keep going in the bathroom and admiring the work he did. I know I wouldn't have come up with that nice of a job if I would have done it myself and it would have taken me a month to do instead of 5 hours. They didn't even charge me extra for the couple last minute changes I made when I realized that the shower faucet needed to be moved from where it was and found that the drain for the sinks had a nail driven through it when they put on the siding (since they didn't put any kind of nail plate over the plumbing to keep that from happening. The first required the plumber to re-route the vent stack for the shower drain and the second was a simple fix with a coupling, so I guess it really wasn't a whole lot more work than he quoted.
Before:

This is the Main Bath shower fixture from the other side of the wall in the laundry room. For those who are not plumbers, notice the globs of what looks like hard honey on the pipes. That was used to seal the joints made at those places in the pipe and the plumber didn't have any idea of what they may have used. In otherwords, probably something the previous owner bought on some infomercial.
Above is the shower in the Master.
This is the single vanity in the Master Bath that is going to get extended to a second one... what you can't tell from this picture is that the pipe going into the floor has a nail through it that has almost sheered the pipe in two. Probably where I got the water from that we found under the flooring when we tore it out.After:

The redone shower valve and drain vent; he actually used the part he cut out of the vent, turned it over and used two more elbows to reconnect it.

This is the vanity connections that have been redone and extended for the second sink. Oh and the broken section fixed where it goes into the floor.

No comments:
Post a Comment