We are being visited by both sets of grandparents this weekend. Luckily at separate times. My parents came by this afternoon to say hi and see Sam for a little bit before heading to the beach for the week. They do this trip every year since their birthdays are on the 14th and 17th and with Valentine's day in there too, they just like to get away at this time of year.
Sam was a little shy at first but warmed up a lot sooner this time than when they came last time. It helps that he is older and can remember them better and that we were just up there visiting over Christmas; which is a lot shorter time span than we usually see them in. Sam colored on some cards that Aimee had printed out for the various birthdays and Valentine's day. They seemed to enjoy getting to watch him do it, even though it is like pulling teeth to get him to color on something specific when you want it done now so the grandparents can leave for the rest of their trip. We are still hopeful to get to the beach during next week to visit them, but I am not holding my breath with the way work is busy right now.
I think I said before that my wife's parents are coming to help with working on the bathroom and master bedroom this weekend since her dad has a long weekend to take time off. I still need to figure out if I have the day off on Monday too or not. I put in for PTO, but didn't get any response so someone is probably laughing behind the scenes, thinking I am not knowing what is going on and don't need to take PTO for a holiday. Anywho...
Electrical and drywall will be started and hopefully finished this weekend, depending on how well my and Dad's backs hold up with doing sheetrock over our heads. Much fun all around and I at least get someone to work with for a couple days, so that is great. I really hate doing big projects by myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment