Anywho... it was clear out when we got done with dinner, so I went out to check the garden and did some watering on the second bed that was under the canopy I have up to shelter the third bed until I got it together. Then I noticed that Aimee hadn't put the new fertilizer I got Wednesday on the tomatoes and other veggies, so I went about putting the fertilizer around all the plants and found a couple piles of cat waste in the second bed. Yuck. I don't want that in my garden. I took it and all the dirt around it out, but I need to find a way to keep it from happening again. I am hoping with the dirt being wet from watering it won't be as desirable for a litter box.
Aimee offered to get Sam to bed so I started in on the third bed and started drilling the pocket holes for connecting the sections together. After trying to put the short section in the second row, I found I made it an inch too wide, so I put it on top and unscrewed one side to screw it back in at the right width; with the ends poking out the one side, figuring that I would cut them later.
The sections screwed together quickly after the pocket holes were drilled and I then found the plastic I cut when I put in the first bed two years ago, amazingly, and got it stapled to the top of the bed box. The landscape fabric took a couple staples to keep it in place and then I started moving the sifted dirt I did last fall and started filling the bed, mixing in some bagged garden soil as I went. After I got the bed about half fun I put in the soil conditioner bag and mixed it in so help keep the "native" soil a little more help to not get sticky like in the other beds.
I put the rest of the pile in the bed, which wasn't much and I don't have enough. I still have two more bags of garden soil and one more of the conditioner soil to add to the box but I am going to need more sifted dirt; guess what I get to do tomorrow. At least I should be able to sift it right into the garden bed, which will save me from double digging it, or actually triple digging it since it is already moved at least once.
Oh and I found a nice friend under the cover I had on the sifted dirt pile. He was cold and pretty sluggish; I was kinda sorry I had to throw him over the fence. ( I really don't like his kind in reality and was glad he wasn't snapping at me like they usually do when I discover them.)


1 comment:
Now that is one tiny snake.
Post a Comment