Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Cleaning up

Today I spent the afternoon with Sam outside cleaning up some of the clutter in the dismantled yard. The lumber pile, I alluded to in one of the last couple posts, got put with the other deck lumber, although there was a problem with one of the shelves collapsing that I now have to remedy by unloading it all, putting the shelf back up, adding another one to split the load and put all the lumber back. (It was not a happy moment).


Then I got to moving the deck piers over to the east fence by the blueberry planter; by where the deck will be built. It opened up a small area by the french doors, where they were sitting, allowing Aimee to have a spot to plant more of her flowers she is wanting to plant. Sam had fun again following me with the full wheelbarrow so that he could make the ride back in it to get the next load. Oh and climbing the stack of piers each time too.


There was a bit in there somewhere that I discovered again that some animal, most likely a cat or two, had pooed in the garden bed again. So I covered it with landscape fabric, hoping that the lack of loose dirt would deter that kind of activity. I cut holes for each plant, although the one set of pumpkins are looking a little sad today, hopefully they will come out of it at some point.


The 2x pieces were there to just hold it down so I could get the fabric cut and pinned down without it blowing away every couple seconds; it was quite windy when I was doing that.

Anywho... now to figure out what I need to do next; probably leveling out the front yard dirt next to the house where the rhode was taken out. I still haven't dealt with that and I think Aimee is thinking of planting more flowers out there since the edge of that gets adequate sun.

1 comment:

creative side said...

It looks nice John. You sure have been busy.