Well some of the plans for the bedroom and bath have been a little on hold this week cuz I am still trying to decide who to have do the drywall. The second and third bids were 1.5x and 2x the cost of the first two. The 2x one was the most professional contract looking bid with everything that was going to be done listed out, so that is attractive, but can I get that from the other guys for less money? and will they do as good as a job? is the more expensive one worth the extra money? who knows... I think I will end up calling a couple other places to get some more quotes to compare.
Anywho... I still need to do the insulation and finish up some repairs before they come do any work anyways.
So instead of thinking about a lot of that this week, it is yard debris week and we didn't have anything in either of the two cans we pay for so I decided I was going to go out and weed and thin stuff out for an hour every night. Aimee and Sam have come out and helped for a little bit after dinner also, so a lot got done this week in cleaning up all the weeds that grew over the winter and taking out part of the rest of the Yuccas that ended up taking up almost one whole bucket. We filled the other 50 gallon can with weeds and only got about half the back yard done... the garden area is the next and most densely weed infested area.
Anywho... I realized tonight that it is just fun working with Aimee and having Sam try to help. He at least is at the stage where he can bring me the trowel he has taken without me noticing when I need it. He really seems to just like being with us even if we are concentrating on something else. He at least didn't' keep trying to go out into the street tonight like he has in the past... maybe danger, road, cars, DANGER, NO, cars, no road... has finally sunk in.
No comments:
Post a Comment