Monday, April 30, 2012

YouTube convert

Outside of watching funny videos with Sam, I really have not liked YT or the kind of junk videos that are 98% of what is out there. The ease of posting videos by the average person has really diminished the quality of the videos out there. Don't get me wrong, there are some pretty cool videos that people come up with and I say I am impressed on occasion.  However, I do not subscribe to the typical totally pointless videos that seem to be popular.

That being said, I have come to find that there are a lot of instructional videos, some better than others, on tools and processes that I am looking to learn or invest some money into for a project. For instance, I have been looking at the HF Flux Core Welder for a long time but have been uneasy about how easy it would be to learn, knowing what material I would be able to use and  how to do it safely and produce a weld that would be not only attractive and safe under load.

Watching a few of these videos, for the specific HF welder I have been looking at, has allowed me to gain some familiarity with the process and some idea of what gauge steel it can handle and what it can't; which has let me feel more comfortable with it being able to handle the types of metal I would want to weld together for projects and repair work.

No comments: