Don't think I have ever been this glad it is raining and I can't go outside to work on digging out the lilac roots. I am really sore and tired from the weekend; cleaning out the garage Saturday and pulling out the lilac and rhodendrons against the backyard east fence. It included moving about 8 wheelbarrows of dirt to the front so I can eventually take it to the yard dump; my neighbor took the dirt I had piled up there for his weed barrels so I had plenty of room.
Saturday, we worked on getting the garage cleaned out and I got most of the stuff either thrown out or recycled or packed into the front brother of the garage. The biggest help was moving the entertainment center into the master bathroom to use as a storage cabinet for the bath stuff. It is unfortunate that it is too big and won't work long term, but ary least it isn't in the garage any more.
Sunday was spent at Costco shopping, a longer than expected nap, but then finally got outside with Aimee and Sam. Aimee was weeding and generally trying to clean out the garden beds. I started digging out the dirt piles left in the backyard and ended up taking out all the bushes on the east side fence cuz they were ask routed out. I basically yanked out one of the rhodes but had to use the come-along to get the lilac stump out, except that it was so rotted that it just broke off at the ground.


1 comment:
Taking out all those shrubs sure cleans up the look of the yard; amazing how something like that can make such a big difference; it really looks good! Your teamwork does a great job!
The sideways picture of the garage is kind of hard to view without putting a crink in the neck!!! It's for sure you did what you said you did...looks really great...and organized with more open floor space! You are to be commended on a job well done! In many ways you truly are my son!
Glad you had a fun, productive weekend!
Post a Comment