Thursday, April 26, 2012

Little helper, lots of garden

Sam helped me sift the rocks out of the second raised garden bed by shoveling dirt into the sifter. He had so much fun getting dirty.

We now have most of the garden starts planted, with carrots and onions to start from seed once the rain lets up this next weekend. We will probably need to buy some lettuce starts since they didn't seen to make the transition to outside, but I want to try it again and see what may have gone wrong.

Oh and I got the trellis up for the peas and beans to climb. What we did last year didn't work very well so we are trying a basic frame with string wrapped up and down it so the vines have something to grab onto. Should work; it is  similar to what I remember my grandparents did in their garden.

Praying that everything survives the rain we in the next couple days. The beats have been a little on the wilty side but I think they just may pull through. We will see in time, I guess.









No comments: