I spent last night trying to clear off my work bench and ended up putting up another section of peg board above my bench after taking my One+ charger and drill holder off the wall there and hanging my One+ multi-charger on the end of the cabinets, out of the way but within reach.
The bench got cleared but I know now that it was there cuz i didn't know where to put it; it was stuff that didn't have a home yet. Still looking for that home for most of it still. It is sitting on a make-shift bench, plywood on saw horses, behind where I was taking the picture from.
Then tonight I finished putting together the dust hood for the planer since the order with the dust ports for it finally came yesterday. I wanted to build a longer support table for it too, so I went to HD to get a melamine shelf to use and ended up getting a garbage can for the chip separator ports that came also; it will collect the chips from the planer so they don't clog the dust collector. I tried it out without the separator and it lost suction after a short time since the planer chips would not pass through the screen protecting the motor blades.
The garbage can should probably have been bigger, but I bought the cheapest one, 20 gallons. The ports went in really easy since I was able to cut the holes for then in the lid with a utility knife. With the smaller can, there are some chips that get through to the collector, but it does separate most of it out.
The table went together pretty easy too, with the hardest part figuring out what the right height to make the supports for it, the legs, so that it was level with the planer. I used my new Kreg jig to put pocket holes in the legs to secure them to the melamine board. I probably should have bought a sheet of melamine instead of buying a shelf; the skin on the shelf is quite thin and has come off with just the couple boards through it. I may have to veneer it with formica or something a little more durable.

I should be able to start planing the boards for the last raised garden bed this weekend. Hopefully I can get it planed and built with enough time to dig out the area where it will go and get out installed. We really need to get the last of the seedlings in the ground.
All in all it was a good project night.
The bench got cleared but I know now that it was there cuz i didn't know where to put it; it was stuff that didn't have a home yet. Still looking for that home for most of it still. It is sitting on a make-shift bench, plywood on saw horses, behind where I was taking the picture from.
Then tonight I finished putting together the dust hood for the planer since the order with the dust ports for it finally came yesterday. I wanted to build a longer support table for it too, so I went to HD to get a melamine shelf to use and ended up getting a garbage can for the chip separator ports that came also; it will collect the chips from the planer so they don't clog the dust collector. I tried it out without the separator and it lost suction after a short time since the planer chips would not pass through the screen protecting the motor blades.
The garbage can should probably have been bigger, but I bought the cheapest one, 20 gallons. The ports went in really easy since I was able to cut the holes for then in the lid with a utility knife. With the smaller can, there are some chips that get through to the collector, but it does separate most of it out.
The table went together pretty easy too, with the hardest part figuring out what the right height to make the supports for it, the legs, so that it was level with the planer. I used my new Kreg jig to put pocket holes in the legs to secure them to the melamine board. I probably should have bought a sheet of melamine instead of buying a shelf; the skin on the shelf is quite thin and has come off with just the couple boards through it. I may have to veneer it with formica or something a little more durable.

I should be able to start planing the boards for the last raised garden bed this weekend. Hopefully I can get it planed and built with enough time to dig out the area where it will go and get out installed. We really need to get the last of the seedlings in the ground.
All in all it was a good project night.



No comments:
Post a Comment