It wasn't raining for a little bit tonight after we got done with dinner, so Aimee suggested we spend some time out back. So we got out work clothes on, bundled up a little bit due to the cloudy weather and went outside to directly take the bundling back off since it was like 80% humidity and almost 70 degrees. Anywho, I started by going through the leaves of the second raised bed and finding all the lava rock, then started loosening up the dirt and pulling out any rock I found. It was slow going and so mucky that I was having a hard time with it; I decided to try the dirt sifter and see if it was any better going. It was, slightly.
Sam did have fun helping to shovel dirt into the sifter so I could push the muck through the grid uncovering the rocks. There don't seem to be as many in this bed but there are a lot of smaller rocks. I only got about halfway through the bed before it started getting dark and we realized that is was well past Sam's bed time; time to go in. So I helped Aimee weed the last bit she was working on in front of the lilies by the garden.
We picked up and Aimee got Sam in while I put the tools away. I got Sam in bed and then went on a search for my glasses; still haven't found them btw. I ended up just going out in the garage without them to try to figure out how to put a dust collection port on the Delta planer my brother has let me "borrow", well he hasn't asked for it back yet, for several years now.
It took some doing and I first started by taking off the deflector but that didn't work very well. It all has to do with a port off the motor that directs air through ports in the deflector; presumably to help eject the shavings, but it was impossible to figure out how to build a port around it. So I left the deflector on and build a surround that collects the shavings as they come out. To keep the dust port hose out of the way, I think I am going to put the port on the top but I may have some difficulty attaching it until the Dust-Right port comes from Rockler. I was going to see if there is anything at HD or somewhere else local, but may just have to wait til next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment