On to what I did late last week ... I finished the connection from the west downspout in the back to the dry well on that side, got the trench filled in with gravel and started filling it back in with dirt. At the end the day I was planning what to do next and realized I needed to run the extra sprinkler line through that trench before I filled it in so the next day I dug the dirt back out of it. I hate rework!
Since I needed to get pvc pipe for the sprinkler run, I decided to go back out front to work on the driveway drain and connection to the west downspout. So Wed and Thurs, I got the trench for the downspout dug out, the hole for the driveway drain dug and connected up all the pipe from the downspout to the driveway drain to the drywell.
I had gotten a chiropractic adjustment Wed and although it went well it left me pretty sore in my lower back and between my shoulders. I worked through it but it got increasingly hard to ignore.
Even though it was getting hard to work, I was finally able to fill in the rest of the gravel in the front dry well, cover it over with landscape fabric and start covering it with dirt. I need to fix the sprinkler pipe there so I could only full it like halfway but at least it isn't a big gaping hole now; just like a foot deep hole.
Sarah was here with the kids on Friday so I spent most of the day outside trying to finish the east side downspout drain lines and found I had hit a pvc line that went from the known sprinklers under the grass area I removed and where I dug the trench and ended in an open threaded connection, I had dug out completely out before realizing it was just a three foot section I could have just capped off, so I will redo the line so I can put drip lines into the planting bed on that side.
The weekend hit and I was so sore from working on digging out that sprinkler line that I just had to take it easy.. I was thinking I may have pulled something but most likely that adjustment is just going to take some time to stop inflaming, cuz icing it really helps.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4
1 comment:
Your yard is going to look so good when you finish all those projects...and the flip of a switch will bring the 'rain'! During the hot weather, that is!!!
Post a Comment