So for the rest of the week after Labor Day I worked on:
- digging the rest of the trench to the downspout on the east of the garage including tunneling under the front sidewalk
- filling up the hole in the front with gravel to the drain ports
- installing the drain pipe from the east garage downspout to the drywell and filling in the trench
- capping off the sprinkler lines I hit so I could still water the tree in the front
- digging out the rest of the trench to the downspout on the west side in the back, including tunneling under the sidewalk
- breaking up the sidewalk over my tunnel in the back and removing the cement pieces (I was able to break them by putting a broken piece of cement under one corner after prying it up with the pick axe, then when I found I didn't have a sledge, I jumped on it and it broke)
It was pretty hot that week so I really only worked in the mornings when it was cool and picked Sam up early from the babysitter and had him nap at home. I got to spend a little more time with him once he got home, before his nap, got to put him down for a nap by reading a book to him and got to play and hang out with him when he got up from his nap, when he woke up before Aimee got home that is. On Thursday, he had fallen at the library with the babysitter and had a pretty big goose egg on his forhead, so he slept really good that afternoon. The pictures don't do it justice, especially when the babysitter, Sarah, said it was at least twice as big right after he did it, prompting them to go home and ice it.
Here are some pictures from the week:
 |
| Front drywell filled to ports with gravel and trench extended to the sidewalk |
 |
| Front drywell drain line in, under sidewalk |
 |
| before I started extending the trench, but after removing some of the loose dirt from the machined trench. |
 |
| trench under sidewalk |
 |
| removed sidewalk |
 |
| Trench under the sidewalk with sidewalk removed |
2 comments:
Easy to see where those little dummp trucks got a real work out! Wonder if they don't belong to Sam's Construction!
Sam has been playing right along side me working and in short intervals, wants to help out with digging dirt or gravel, tamping down the loose dirt, or just backfilling or moving dirt with his trucks. It has been fun having him there for company even if he has been sick.
Post a Comment