So now that you know the back story of the issues we are having with water under the house, etc. The in-laws showed up about 5pm on Friday, Pre-Labor Day #1. We had dinner and I made sure I had an alarm set so I would remember to go get the utility loader after 7pm but before they closed at 8pm, so that I could skirt their open hours and have the loader until Sunday morning at 8am for a 1 Day rate.
I borrowed the neighbors truck and took off for the store and found that the loader was still there, which was a concern. I got it rented and as we were hooking it up realized they didn't have an adapter for the round 6wire terminal on the truck to go to the 4wire connection for the trailer lights. So I called up a couple local auto supply stores using my phones google maps to search for near ones and found one at a store back by the house... so I got the keys for the loader, went and got the adapter, then came back to hook up the trailer with the adapter and got it home about 8:00.
I unloaded the loader and got the auger bit attached and it died; out of gas. So I put the gallon or so of gas I had in the can for the lawn mover and got the thing to the back yard. I was eager to try it out, but it took us almost another half hour to get the hydraulic connections for the auger connected since one of them was sticking and wouldn't lock on.
It was probably about 9pm or later when I got the thing fired up and started digging the first hole. The auger went through the dirt with little effort and I had the thing buried to the full depth in no time. I backed it out and pulled the auger back a little so we could check out the hole and it was awesome. The bit took a lot of the dirt out with it so the hole was really pretty clean; we were going to be able to do these holes with only some clean out.
Wish we would have gotten pictures of that night, but didn't think of it. Sam and Aimee came out at that point for Sam to say goodnight and we all went inside for the night.
[Next: Labor Day #1]
1 comment:
Good nights work for one day! AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment