Thursday, November 18, 2010

Clear skies are passing through



As you can see from the pic above from before I started today, it was really nice this morning. I was really surprised when I got up this morning and looked outside expecting it to be cloudy and rainy. It lasted off and on until about 2pm when it rained for about 5-10 minutes. I had just put the last piece of felt down and was positioning it when it started. By the time I got back to putting shingles on, it was mostly dry.

It was sunny and nice again until about 4pm when it started pouring. I watched the cloud bank roll in and the wind picked up just before the first drops started. I was soaked through with my green coat, jeans and sweatshirt dripping. There were some times in between the two showers with some overcast clouds but they would clear and it would be sunny again.

This picture is of the time at 2 just before it rained; It’s panoramic, with the orange leaves just under the sun spot being the cherry trees and the right hand side being more north.

click to see more detail

Then just before it poured at 4pm.


I really like the gables now and probably wouldn’t have thought to change it if I would have been working on it by myself; thank you Dad. They are probably my favorite thing about the roof now, oh and the solar vent. It looks pretty good up there. Taken directly north; there was another front like this that formed shortly after this that was due west. Here are some more process pics:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh that's really up there! The house area looks hugh...much bigger than from the ground view. So glad the weather has worked for you to get closer to being finished...then we can sit back and listen to all the stories of how it all went and have a few laughs along the way!