So I took a little time off on Friday to do some work and rest a bit after doing roofing all week. My back was really giving me trouble, so I rested, went to the chiropractor and just took it easy.
On Saturday, I went and dumped the trailer full of roofing at the dump; I can't believe how much they charge! Anywho, on my way back with the trailer, I stopped by HD and got wood and way plastic roofing to make a covered area by the garage.
When I got back from HD and got the stuff unloaded, I was able to mostly finish the second half of the south facing roof, all but the ridge. I even got the valley on the east side covered so I don't have to have tarps on that side any more. I still have two up there, but those can come down anytime since they aren't actually protecting anything.
Saturday night I started putting the 12' x 8' wavy plastic covered area together. I air nailed the frame together and screwed the plastic sheets to the top using the wood cutout supports that they have with the roofing. I didn't get it put together quite right and will need to add some additional 2x4 bracing to support the wavy supports, but Aimee and I got it set up on the side yard where it is going and we left it for the night since it got too dark.
Today, I attached it to the overhang on the house and put up 2x4 posts out at the fence. It took about 2 hours to get it all secured, but it looks pretty good and will keep the trailer dry without needing to tarp it. It will also give the solar guys a place to stage their stuff where it can be out of the rain, in case it rains on Wednesday. I still need to anchor the posts to the cement blocks I have them standing on so the wind won't lift it, add the cross bracing, and probably should shorten it by 4 inches so I don't have an exposed end of the framing. I figured I could do most of that with is in the up position, so we will have to see how that goes.
1 comment:
Enjoyed reading your day with the wavy plastic shelter you put up. Glad you are getting the roof more completed...hopefully there won't be anymore leaks; referring to the one you talked about the other day on the phone...that one you fixed already. Will have many things to talk about on Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment