Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cousins



I love that Sam has some great cousins. Tyler and Issac really have a fun time playing with Sam. The three of them have been getting along so well and keeping each other entertained. There have only been a couple of times that we have had to intervene, and several where it wasn't probably necessary, but we are learning as parents to let the right stuff get figured out between them.

Auntie Ann had some fun crafts for them to do; Pilgrim faces made from paper plates and hat cutouts with a buckle that they colored. That was fun but wrestling seems to be Sam's new thing this time; testing his strength against Issac and sometimes Tyler. He is about even with Issac, coming out on top sometimes and not others; it seems Issac is a little timid in wanting to fight Sam off completely, so he ends up letting Sam bowl him over. They love to hug each other when it is all over, which at 2, 4 and 7, is really cute.



I look forward to my brother, Tim, and Candace, his wife come Dec 28th, having kids (sorry guys, no pressure) and us having more so that there are just that many more cousins playing around at the holidays and other times we get together.

Sam is such a social man that I know he will be such a good cousin and brother with the younger kids when they come. With his play times at the babysitter and church daycare and playgroups, I am such a proud father he isn't following after my solitary ways.

I am also glad he is learning to have fun with friends and even cooperative play; although he is still working on going along with the other persons way of play and not always getting things the way he likes them. He is developing into a great little boy; he has a lot of learning and exploring to do but I couldn't be happier to have such a great son.

2 comments:

creative side said...

I agree with Sam being great in social situations. He certainly was the life of the party at our Thanksgiving celebration. He is maturing so fast. Each time I see him he is in a new stage. You guys do a great job. Rebecca even commented on what great parents you are.

Anonymous said...

What a joy to watch them play together and figure out what works and what doesn't; how fast they learn to work out the stress points in their play.
As proud grandparents we look forward to more busy little feet also!!!