- mark the rafters and measure for the final install locations
- measure and drill the holes for the roof anchors
- install the roof anchors and mounting rails
- drill holes for and install the DC combiner boxes by the two areas on the roof where the panels are located
- install the electric AC cutoff switch, the inverter and DC disconnect in the garage by the electric panel
- install a whole house surge suppression breaker to help protect the house from electrical spikes coming from the power going in and out of our panel as we start to generate our own electricity.
- install the electrical duct from the AC disconnect switch to the panel, and from the inverter to the combiner boxes on the roof.
- Run all wiring from the panel, disconnects, combiners and solar modules
- make sure all wires are tucked up under the panels, verify all connections
- Turn on the system and verify it is producing power
- disconnect, wait for building and electrical inspections and the power company to install the bi-directional meter before we can turn it on for good.
So we are waiting for the inspections next week before the system can get turned back on. I also need to clean up my rearrangement of the garage that I did on Tuesday night to make room for them to install the inverter and have access to the attic, etc.
I was happy they were impressed with my attic access crawl-ways I had put in to make it easier to inspect the attic area and move through the otherwise blown-in insulation up there.
Now I just need to finish the roof and button everything up for the winter so we can enjoy our new solar power in comfort. Oh and finish the bedroom and bathroom so we can finally have a "finished" living space after a year and a half of working on these projects. I have a lot of respect for contractors who can do these jobs to completion in weeks, but I guess they are not juggling a full time job on the side since that is their job.
Pics to come when I get them downloaded, hopefully.
1 comment:
I'm eager to see the solar panels in real life.
Post a Comment