I thought that Sarah, the lady who watches Sam during the day, had a great idea today. When I went to pick Sam up tonight, they were out on the driveway using water and paint brushes to "paint" the driveway. The cement would turn dark where the water was applied and it seemed like Zac, Sarah's son, was very intent on getting the full driveway painted. Sam was having a great time following the older boys around and trying to get water out of their buckets to paint with.
Anywho... I guess it may only be fun when other boys are also doing it since Sam wasn't too interested in "painting" our driveway even though he was insistent on going outside after dinner. While trying to figure out what would occupy Sam, like his trucks and the bike pump, I ended up spraying a non-toxic "natural" stain, moss, mildew, etc cleaner on the walkway and one side of the driveway. I bought the stuff after reading an article that was in the Costco Connection and after investigating it more online.
The stuff is supposed to work gradually over time without scrubbing; with the action from rain and getting wet and drying, etc. The bottle says that within 6 months you should notice that the areas sprayed are not as stained and "cleaner". I thought I would try it before renting a power washer and doing it that way, which I will have to be careful about so it doesn't upset the pond.
I bought it awhile ago and just hadn't put it on anything yet due to the recommended application instructions say to not put it on in hot weather or direct sun, so when it is overcast and not raining for over 5 hours after you apply it. Not an easy task in Oregon, but not impossible, you just have to realize the conditions are right at the time you have time to put it on. I guess that was tonight for me.
I am very interested to see how well it works. The driveway and sidewalk up to the front door have gotten quite gray in comparison to how it was when we moved in. You can tell the driveway has grayed since the places where the tires are when the cars are parked are not as gray due to wear from driving and stopping in those spots. So time will tell and if I remember to report, I will do so after 6 months.
2 comments:
I hope it works. I always just spend an afternoon hosing off the muck. When it is wet it comes up quite well with a short power nozzel. It would nice to not have to do that.
I miss your blogging. It keeps me posted on what your projects are. I know you are a busy man and don't have much time, but I'd love to hear what is happening down in Eugene.
Post a Comment