Found out today that the roof on the main part of our house is about out of life; expected to last another 1-3 years. They also said there were several spot where the roof sheeting was very spongy and the whole roof crunched when you walked on it, which I guess means that other spots of the sheeting plywood is probably de-laminating and going to need to be replaced also.
So it looks like with the leak in the garage that I keep needing to repair and the report from the roofer, we may be getting a new roof before winter sets in. Wish I could get it done right now with the nice dry, although humid, weather we are having now, but that probably isn't going to happen.
At least I can cross one thing off my list of things to do which will now be included in someone else doing my roof; I won't need to install a solar powered roof vent. I will just have to buy it. But I guess that depends on how much they quote to replace the roof and sheeting; I may end up doing it myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment