Thursday, July 22, 2010

What I woke up to this morning...

This morning Sam was awake really early, like sometime before 7, when he usually sleeps in until at least 8. Aimee got up to figure out what was going on and I fell back asleep. When I woke up later, I didn't hear Sam and Aimee, so I thought they may be eating, which is the only time Sam tends to not be making other noise.

I went out into the livingroom to find this:



and when I got out of my shower they had changed position a little.



Evidently Sam had some kind of dream or something that had him pretty upset. Aimee couldn't get him to calm down so she just took him out to the livingroom and let him play while she laid down out there; notice the teddy bear pillow. Sam evidently was tired but needed some time to unwind from whatever had him upset.

Aimee said he woke up having been sleeping on his arm, see first picture, and she was comforting him on her chest when he fell asleep again. They were evidently out there for almost 2 hours before they woke up when I was getting breakfast for me and Macy.

They were so cute I just had to share.

2 comments:

creative side said...

What a good Mama and quiet Papa. Sometimes breaking the routine works really well. I'm amazed how we as parents keep on figuring things out and going with the flow. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I agree with what a good Mama and quiet Papa. I remember things like that happening with our children. Looking back the time seems to have gone by too fast. Enjoy each 'moment' item now for future enjoyment with remembering.