Well, Sam has officially christened Aimee as a parent of a toddler, a sick toddler. He threw up all over her this evening after we ate dinner and were looking at some of his first year pictures. He didn't eat very much at dinner and was being kinda whinny; now we know why.
He seemed to feel a lot better after that and ended up going to bed pretty well, but woke up just about an hour ago and wouldn't go back to sleep. I was holding him and he started what kinda sounded like gagging, so I rushed him to the bathroom and he threw up again. He was wide awake by this time but seemed to be feeling better again, so I was rocking him in the rocker in his room when he sat up. He kinda whimpered and I thought here we go again.
I took the bowl Aimee had gotten for me and held him over it while carrying him to the bathroom. Then I smelled it. He had gone out the other end and from the smell, I can guess why he was so agitated; it must not have felt too good. I changed his diaper on the bathroom floor on a towel since I wasn't sure if he was going to hurl too, and just had him roll on his side on the floor when I was done. I rubbed his back and he ended up going to sleep pretty quick. I let him doze off for about 10 minutes before picking him up and putting him in his bed where he will hopefully sleep for the rest of the night.
I just hope this all wasn't brought on from having him out in the pool for too long today when it was really hot. I think we were out there for over an hour and were having so much fun didn't really think about if it would affect Sam adversely. I guess we will be spending tomorrow indoors and may stay home from church just to make sure Sam is not going to spread a bug if that is what this is actually.
2 comments:
Poor sweetheart. Good Mom and Dad. It's so hard when they have a hard bug like that. It may just have been the heat like you said.
So sorry for Sam not feeling well! Sounds like you handled things well; and hopefully he's over whatever it was. So hard sometimes to know what causes icky stuff. Praying no one else gets it! Today is a bit cooler here...maybe there too! Love you all bunches!
Post a Comment