Tuesday, July 17, 2007

One of those tasks

One of the tasks I had put on my list, just so I could mark it complete, was putting in automatic sprinkler valves for the existing sprinkler system. I had completed it before the July 4th holiday so we wouldn't have to worry about watering while we were gone for the weekend, but I wanted to be able to track that I had completed it then. Well, it actually isn't completed yet, since I still have to burry the control wire and finish routing the wiring in the garage so it isn't hanging in the middle of the garage door access.

Here are some before and after pictures:

Digging the (big) hole to expose the pipes.



Then, voila, the new access cover and piping is finished!!!



And the timer that still needs the wiring finished so it doesn't block the door:



I was even impressed the way I was able to set the timer up to turn our irrigation well pump on before it started the schedule for watering, and then turn it off when it was finished.

I will have to split the task for installing the control valves and doing the wiring of the timer so that I can mark the control valves completed and then have another one to mark completed when I finish routing the wiring! :)

No comments: