
I didn't have enough time to find the trailer I was going to buy for towing, but went to look at a couple after getting the hitch installed today. The guy tried to sell me on a 2 ton model that had a 3 ton axle and was like $1500.

I asked if they had anything smaller and he showed me some smaller ones that had a 1 ton capacity, which is the most my car can pull anyways. Now I just have to decide between that $750 one

and the one at Fred Meyer for $200 that folds up, is basically just a frame, and would require me to build on a floor and sides to hold stuff.

I didn't get a ball for the hitch since I didn't know what size the trailer I got would take, and it looks like I am going to have to get the guy to rewire the light connector since the trailers I was looking at today all had the same connector as you see in the picture above. I saw him deliberate about which one to put on, but figured his two months at this shop not enough time to give him that insight. The hitch does seem pretty secure though and it looks like he did a good job otherwise. I will have to find time to take it back this week after finding the right trailer.
I was kinda wondering how it would attach to the underside of the car, but it is a pretty clean connection. It seems to just connect with 2 bolts into the frame on either side.
No comments:
Post a Comment