Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Misc Project stuff

So here are a couple pictures from things I haven't posted yet for various things.

We moved the vanity inside so I would have more room in the garage and not risk dinging it, which has almost happened several times.



Here are the pics for the Insulation installation post. Can you imagine threading 4 rows of insulation across that end section with a sloping roof line... glad that is done. The last picture is of the area where the water lines come in from over the bedroom and into the corner of the outside wall; I think I used a whole can of spray foam to fill in that whole area and around the hard foam I put behind the water pipes you can see. Should keep them from freezing and getting really hot, like they have in the past.



I also started the door switch for the closet door. Cut/dug out a big hole for the switch box and drilled the hole into the wall cavity for the wiring, then tried to drill down through the top plate and didn't have a long enough 1/2 in drill bit. So until I get a longer one, this will be waiting.



I built the attic access from the garage, at right behind wall in picture. To try to explain what you are seeing, the insulated part is the partition in the attic space that separates the garage from the attic above the bedroom; the garage attic space is all open. The almost horizontal board you see in the first picture, and can see that it is insulated in the second, is the door which swings down, out from the top in reference from the garage. It sits on a stack of lumber sitting on the rafters so that it lines up with the crawlway, the light colored board on the left side of second picture that goes down the V in the rafters. The space below the access door and the crawlway, will be filled with blown in insulation, so this will allow you to get into that attic space without wading through insulation. The last picture is of the door closed.



This is a pic of the patch in the bathroom water line that goes to the toilet and shower. The thing wrapped around the pipe is a piece of rubber and a tubing clamp. You can see the hole in the second picture pretty good in the section I cut out to make the repair. It didn't take much movement to make the thing start leaking, so I cut out the piece and repaired it with a SharkBite quick-fitting, third picture. That last picture was taken after I had also put up the top layer of insulation in the bath and secured the furnace vent... you can see the repair just to the right of the 2x4 on the far side.



I also got the vent fan duct work in and taped/sealed.

1 comment:

creative side said...

This has been an intense project! Kinda like building a deck for your in-laws...