Monday, June 27, 2011

Strawberries

We got some strawberry plants from a fund raiser sale last year or the year before and they haven't really done all that well. They didn't get planted in that great of a spot and probably in a hurry before they outgrew the pot we bought them in. I thought they weren't going to do well at all because of where and how we planted them.

I guess they were doing underground work cuz this year they are going wild. There are several new starts from the older plants started and all of them are producing berries. I enjoy picking them daily, with Sam not far behind usually. We share in the fruit of the earth and it is a nice break in the day.

We usually get about a half dozen to a dozen depending on how many the slugs have gotten, but they are producing so fast that the slugs are not getting to as many of them now, so more for us.

strawberries

2 comments:

creative side said...

Homegrown strawberries, nothing better, except maybe homegrown raspberries.

John B said...

I was thinking of putting in some raspberries along the fence in the garden, but I will have to redo the fence and get the drywell dug there first. Fun summer projects!! 8)