Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Big brother day care

When I picked Sam up at the babysitters on Monday, Sarah said Sam had a fall at the park on the teeter-totter.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

He hit is face, I guess, and was wailing. Instead of walking over to Sarah, who he would usually go to for comfort, he started walking away, which she found quite odd and couldn't figure out where he was going until Sam walked up to Malachi, one of the other kids that Sarah watches. Malachi gave Sam a hug, in a very big brotherly way, and looked at his face as Sam was going on about what had happened and was pointing over to the teeter-totter.

Sarah expressed that it was quite sweet how Malachi took care of Sam's hurt and Sam was quite satisfied with the effort and went back to playing. I am so thankful that Sam is developing supportive, healthy relationships with the kids he hangs out with during the day and even more impressed as stories like these come out of his interactions with them. We are truly blessed to have our son being cared for in this manner during the day.

Published with home computer and full size keyboard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet of Malachi to be such a loving big brother to Sam in his time of need.

creative side said...

I'm so proud of both boys. It is a sweet interaction of children with good skillsets from their respective parents. Job well done all!