Aimee came in to give me my 18V Ryobi drill this morning while I was working in the office. She had found it in the rain out on the hot tub where I had left it when I unscrewed the last bit of deck boards on Monday night. It had been out in the rain for 2 days. I was not happy.
I let if dry out and tried it, and it works! yeah, it didn't get fried. To see if there was any noticeable damage inside the housing, I took it apart and found that there was years of dust and grime buildup in there. Yuk. Should have taken a picture, oh well!!
I proceeded to clean it all out and now I have a cleaner drill to work with. It should stay cooler now that the air ports are not so clogged.
1 comment:
I found a really rusty modern arrow in the back yard the other day. There are the tales of hammers lost for years and then found. The worst I've ever done is left packages of seeds out in the rain after I brought them home in a cardboard box along with plants. I'm glad your drill works.
Post a Comment