Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day weekend


For Father's day weekend, we ended up loading up the trailer with a load of dirt and pulled it up to my parent's house. My Dad has been deliberating about how he was going to go get some dirt to fill in around the retaining wall under the deck and I happened to have a trailer full of dirt. We were going up to go to a wedding of one of Aimee's high school friends and to celebrate Father's Day with my family so it was very convenient. The 100 mile trek with an almost overloaded trailer (and car) ended up taking us 30 minutes longer since it was much more stable to stay below 55mph; the trailer started bouncing and swaying a little more as you went above that.

So for Father's Day, my dad got dirt, 3 loads of dirt; he seemed happy with it. I got rid of almost a yard of dirt that would have cost me $5 to dump locally and Dad got to get his extra dirt while saving on the quantity a little.

I got to move that load of dirt we took up there three times; once to get it out of the way for the wood chips when I piled it by the hot tub, from that pile into the trailer, and then from the trailer into Dad's back yard. I was actually surprised at how much dirt I had moved to make room for the wood chips cuz all that loose dirt I had moved filled up the trailer.

Sam had fun helping with some of the dirt moving, but once Grandma brought out the watering can, he was all into watering all the flowers and pots and trying to refill the can with the hose that wasn't connected. Oh and he found Grandpa's hat and was having fun running around with it on and having everyone else try it on. Oh and at some point Grandma, Aimee and Sam went for a walk and stopped by the duck pond.



2 comments:

creative side said...

You guys are raising a kid with a good work ethic. Good for you. Cute photos.

Anonymous said...

I remember all the fun we had that weekend. Sam is a very helpful little guy; he's so good at doing most things you have to keep reminding yourself he's not as old as he appears with what he is able to do.

Enjoyed watching him have fun with the ducks; those ducks just didn't seem to know the fun they were missing by running off like that!!! It was a most enjoyable walk to the duck pond; we stopped off at the play ground and had a few trips down the slide. Once home we were ready for supper...pizza!