
Well, I think I am done digging for now. One more load of dirt to take to the landscape yard... I have the main part of the patio dug out to the grass so that I can get the wood chips spread out and we won't have such a dirt pit any more. I hope I have enough wood chips!
I also built a small deck from some of the deck boards so that we had a place to step out of the house and make the transition from the house to the ground a little easier. The way I initially did it the deck ended up being about where it was originally, which is too high, so I have to get Aimee to help me move the 8'x4' deck, dig down where the cement footings go and put it all back. I should have planned it a little better from the beginning. I guess trying to get it all together quickly and not spend a lot of time on a temporary deck isn't a good idea in the long run.
I am hoping to have it redone and the wood chips spread out by the end of the week so it will all be ready for this holiday weekend. Aimee is thinking of inviting some friends over to pick the cherries off the trees since they are getting ready finally. I just have to make sure the back yard is at least a little kid friendly so the parents don't have to be weary of nails or screws or loose boards, etc.
I don't have a problem with Sam being out there with all that stuff cuz I know where it is and watch Sam like a hawk to make sure he doesn't get close to anything harmful. Sam is so laid back and obedient to stay away from what I direct him away from that it is rarely a problem anyways and I hardly ever have to intervene to keep him safe. We are just getting to know our friends from the parenting classes we have been taking and some of them are quite protective of what environment they will put their children in, even with their supervision, so I would rather not give them any misgiving of having their child at our house.
1 comment:
You have really labored on this venture. Looks really good and I'm sure you are glad to be as far along as you are; you deserve a good rest; enjoy the weekend with fun friends and good food!
The dirt you brought up on Father's Day weekend really helped a lot with making at least one spot come to being finished and ready for planting. I have been taking pictures and hopefully will get them posted so you can see what more has been done; your dad has been wearing himself out with wanting to get this done and over with!!! The finish is getting a lot closer!
Post a Comment