Friday, March 14, 2008

Power's out

Wow, we were sitting here and the power just went out. I think this is the first time we have actually used the UPSs that I got for our computers. Granted Aimee's laptop and my work laptop aren't affected too much since they have batteries of their own, but my desktop and the router and cablemodem allow me to keep writing this in the dark.

Evidently there was some problem with the transformer on the pole in the backyard of our neighbor that needed some attention by the power company and they decided to just cut power to about 10 houses fed by it witout letting anyone know. There is a guy perched on the pole out there working with redoing what looked like the main connection to the distribution point.

Hey, maybe this will fix the light flickering that has been going on since before Christmas. If I remember correctly the lights did that brownout thing earlier tonight. Well, that would be cool cuz it can't be good for all our appliances and electronics for the power to dim like that.

Wow, they must be finished with whatever they were doing, cuz the lights just came back on. End of the excitement for tonight; although it is also good to know I knew where the flashlights were so I could see where I was going. It is amazing how dark the house is when there is no ambient light.

No comments: