Friday, January 14, 2011

Sam's Tub delima

Sam had a very interesting bath last night. We got him in there right after dinner, figuring that he would get his bath, in pajamas and then we could play and hand out until he went to bed. Well, that was a nice plan, but not what happened.

Sam got himself mostly undressed by himself; upon protest from any help at all from us. He finally got undressed and I put him in the tub. Aimee was about to wash him when he said, "Poop. Sam Poop." So I asked if he wanted to sit on the toilet to go and he said yes. We waited for him to say he was finished and were actually surprised to see that he had actually peed. So he went back in the tub and I started to get his toys out of the tub caddy when he totally looses it; complete freekout.

I thought he had hurt himself with how much he was wailing. He was also saying something that was kinda hard to understand with his present state, but I finally figured out that he was saying "sock fuzz". I had a hard time not falling down laughing at his distraught reaction to seeing his sock fuzz floating in the tub water... he was clamoring around trying to catch the floating pieces.

We had to "catch" a floating piece of sock fuzz to allow him to calm down enough to get washed and out of the tub and then it took another half hour of putting on his pajamas and a new pair of socks for him to mostly forget about it. I guess he got a lot of energy out of him though, cuz he went to bed after everything was over with very little effort.

Here is the video of the event:

2 comments:

creative side said...

I can understand the trauma he felt at the sock fuzz, but it is a hysterical video. Couldn't stop laughing.

Anonymous said...

Those crazy sock fuzzies...didn't know swimming was one of their talents!!!