Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6
Friday, January 28, 2011
More track
I have been wanting to get Sam more wooden train track ever since we got his first set for his birthday. Sam has gotten a couple other big add on pieces for his birthday and at Christmas but we always seem to run out of track to get it all connected.
I didn't realize just how expensive the track was...like $50 for about 20-30 Thomas brand track pieces, if it was on a good sale, and the other major brands are not much better. But I was looking on Amazon for something else and came across some generic track that was like $40 for 100 pieces; 25 each of 6" straight, 4" straight, 6" corner, and 4"corner track. I was a little sceptical of the quality based on the online reviews and it is probably produced by some guy in his garage but I am impressed with the quality, even though the pieces seem to be a little looser than the other track we have. Some of the reviews were saying something about some plastic pegs that fell off within days but it must have been from previous version of this set cuz a you can see from the picture, they are all wood with slots and pegs cut from the wood. Looking forward to building some big tracks, although I have a feeling that I may think w e will need more other pieces now and definitely more trains.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
One can never have enough trains or train track. So much fun!
Set up all those tracks and the train can haul things to different rooms from one spot...your own little delivery robot of sorts! Now there's an idea!
Post a Comment