Well, Fall is definitely out there. With the cooler temperatures, leaves turning their usual fall hues, and the rain, it is definitely here.
Aimee and I ended up helping a friend move out of her appartment since it was quite last minute and she had a hard time finding anyone to help her. Luckily she lived in a small one bedroom and we got most of it in the moving truck on Friday night in two hours, with only 4 of us working on it. The rest was packed from 8:3- 10:30 Saturday morning and unpacked at the new house by noon.
Elaine went back to finish cleaning her appartment and turn in her keys and then the she took the three of us out to dinner to thank us for helping. Well, since I wasn't diligent in getting back to the plum stump that afternoon while we were waiting to go to dinner, and watched the football game with Aimee instead, I figured I would have Sunday to do that work.
Well, the rains came Saturday night and it hasn't really stopped yet. This is the trouble with living in the Northwest; once it starts raining in the fall, there are usually few breaks. Hopefully it will clear up sometime this next week and I can get out there and cut out the stump finally. I am going to borrow the neighbor's chainsaw tonight so I am ready when the rain lets up. Or in true Northwest mindset decide to just go do it in the rain.
1 comment:
I'm hoping the axe and pry bar have been handy in this project. It is good that your back has been good! I keep checking AJ's blog, but she is probably preoccupied this quarter. I'm glad you keep posting.
Post a Comment