Anyways I am happy to say that I am finally finished with that part of it. Now if I can get another nice day this week, I need to finish up the hip ridges and maybe do the final trim on the overlapping shingles in the valley on the side I just finished. I will have to wait until a stretch of warm, dry weather to get sealed down with roofing cement but it should be fine until then.
The only other thing that also needs to get completed soon is the roof vents for the bath and laundry exhaust fans. I still an trying to figure out where to locate them on the roof since the spot left under the solar panels is too on the roof to work right...the vent pipe would have to contort out one end of the fan, up over the fan housing, then up through the roof and one would have to cross a rafter; not the best path for air flow and not the easiest to connect up since there is only about 18-24 inches of clearance that close to the eaves.
Ml'll...sorry Aimee just screamed and jumped on the other side of the table as a very thick bodied spider came crawling out from under a stack of papers... I killed it post haste, see picture.

2 comments:
Good work on the roof........EEEEEEEW spider. psst! (she knows how to kill them)
I know, but I snagged the paper towel faster.
Post a Comment