Monday, April 12, 2010

Plane mess

Well, I got one raised garden bed worth of old deck boards planed tonight. I have a ankle high pile of wood shavings from it, but the garage smell pretty good with all the cedar. Had to pull a couple more boards off the deck to have enough longer boards. Will have to pull the rest of them off the deck to have enough for the second and third ones.

If I make the beds a little shorter, there may be two beds worth done... the one set of boards is only about 7 and a half feet long; we were looking for 8 x4 foot beds, but 7 and a half would be good enough.



I hope I don't have to go buy any new cedar boards... I guess I do have the pile in the back patio to go through also... almost forgot about that pile, but I think those boards are not over 6 feet though, since they came from the short deck on the south side of the house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The finished product will look really good; you do great work! Your dad is working on getting the brick work finished under the deck...starting to look like progress in the making! Are you able to use the cedar dust for anything...like recycle? I'm sure the smell is very nice! You could bag(small ones)it and hang it somewhere!

creative side said...

Ah, the smell of cedar, then fresh soil and finally putting in those tiny little seeds. Pure bliss!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to cedar little seeds blossom in der garden.