Well, since my last post, I guess I have been a bit busy with projects getting ready for my first child, who came on Dec 1, 2008. I got the nursery done, with paint, curtain rod, shelving, and a stand for the changing table to accommodate my bad back; raises it 3 inches so I don't have to stoop to change diapers.
There have been many, many diapers, spit-ups, play times, books, snuggles, and buzzing ear drums since Dec 1, and it has all been worth it. You could say I am quite the proud Dad. I am still learning to gracefully take a seat full of after-bottle spit up that has inconveniently missed the 2 sq feet of burp cloth laid out in front of Sam and soaked my only pair of jeans from knee to rump; luckily I feed him in a slick leather chair. He is very good at thwarting my efforts to keep this from happening and I think I am more frustrated with myself for not anticipating it better, or being ready for it. You would think I could learn by now.
My wife has many pictures of Sam over the past 4 months of his life posted on her blog , since she keeps hers up better than I do. Check it out if you are interested and I will try to post some here that she hasn't posted; maybe some of Sam and me that are special to me.
1 comment:
Great post! Thanks for sharing your frustrations. I have mine too. Love you.
Post a Comment